Random Take Offs

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Lunch with Anne



Another great day in the sun.

After "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle", which blew my mind, I am reading "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami.

"I continued to spend my Saturday nights sitting in the hall. There was no hope of a phone call, but I didn't know what else to do with the time. I would switch on a baseball game and pretend to watch it as I cut the empty space between me and the television set in two, then cut each half in two again, over and over, until I had fashioned a space small enough to hold in my hand."

When I got home today, I just sat down and stared into space for a while. My exams are coming up and I really need to knuckle down and study. I've been cleaning, frolicking in the sun, reading for leisure, writing, dreaming, worrying about stuff, and doing everything but studying. It hit me suddenly that the time had come to do so, and it hit me good. I suddenly figured out solutions to my problems and action plans that were actually workable, made myself a cup of tea, and now i'm looking forward to disappearing for the next five weeks into workland.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home