Random Take Offs

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Roman Holiday


Stretchhhh
Originally uploaded by The June.

I'm back after a break to Rome. I love travelling on my own. I've met some truly amazing people, and seen some breathtaking views. The only thing I continue to worry about is how the motor in me keeps running. I switch the power off when I go off on breaks so I can cool down, but every time I come back, I know I can expect an over heating soon. It's like the hamster who didn't stop running on his exercise wheel and eventually died of a heart attack. Incidentally, my hamster also died of a heart attack, but that was due to a lethal combination of obesity and heartache (Bacon died shortly after I left for the UK - I had tears in my eyes when I heard the news. I was barely moved when my grandfather died).

3 weeks before i'm allowed to skate again. On the morning I was supposed to leave for Rome, I couldn't get out of bed and had to be taken to hospital. The NHS in England are rubbish so you have to pretend to be REALLY ill if you want to be seen. Cyrene put me in a wheelchair and made me OW my way into the minor accidents unit. Turned out I messed up my lower back badly from landing on my bum too much and being run over by a bicycle. I need a new back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home