Random Take Offs

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

At night, this is my...


At night, this is my...
Originally uploaded by The June.

I'm back at my parents' house in KL and I've figured out why I like staying up at night. It's much too noisy for my sanity during the day. It's also cooler at night time. I have grown up in KL but since moving to the UK two years ago, humidity+heat+noisy house = irateJune. I don't even mind the cold in the UK as much. Some have described KL as too much of a good thing, weather wise. Well, SOME are wrong. If it were only sunshine, that would be a different story. But it is, in fact, polluted air, heat, and humidity. I rest my case.

Anyway, the noise. There are 5 kids in the house if you include me. When back here, I am on summer break, but everyone else goes to school in the morning. My dad is up at 5am every day for his morning run, and my mom is up at 6 because the kids have to go to school. I go to sleep around that time. My parents are fans of flourescent lights but I prefer orange lamps. They're more relaxing. We have both in the hall so when everyone goes to sleep, I transform the hall and do my thing.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Kym Lardner said…

    Good on you my sweet.

    As you know I am a night owl myself and the whole lamp shade atmosphere is my preferred lighting mode.

    As for the fluorescent light thing.

    That is just depressing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home