Random Take Offs

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Gripe

Today I went to the mall to get a pair of running shoes - the first step (ha ha) to the living Kylie dream.

I hate malls. To each their own, but there are a great many things that give me more pleasure than being in an enclosed space for hours spending money on things I don't need.

I'll tell you what I hate more than malls. Malls that shut at 7pm on a Saturday. I got there at 6.50pm, thinking i'd zip in, get my trainers, and quickly head back to the real world, but instead of the usual announcements of "Spend more than 8000pounds today and receive something you think is free!!", I heard "With the exception of Marks & Spencer, the mall will be closing in ten minutes"

I listened, mouth agape with incredulity. Surely it's against the law for any mall to shut at 7pm whatever day it is!

I realise this sounds like i'm sweating the small stuff, but (and I never thought i'd say this) i'm really starting to think i've had enough of England. I could spend time writing out a list of reasons why, but there is no need. I am just sick of seeing drunkards everywhere I turn, and I don't agree with welfarism.

Okay. Enough. I'm off to have champagne with some beautiful people who make living in England slightly more bearable.

Oh, by the way, did I mention i've completed my degree?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home