Random Take Offs

Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's your suffering



Ed is a guy I dated for a while last year. I recently saw him while walking down Gloucester Road and was happy to see him. We didn't exactly finish on great terms, but I thought it was nice that many months down the line, we were still able to say hello, smile, and take an interest in each others' lives- even if most of it was just small talk. I learnt he had given up his dreams of doing travel photography and been promoted to manager of a sports cafe. It made me wonder about the exact point it becomes clear that something you want is not something you want anymore. Do people just wake up one day and say "I give up. I don't want this anymore" ? Is it the same feeling someone gets when s/he decides to become a traffic warden?

Today was a fairly busy day. Jack my housemate is moving out and we spent the entire day interviewing potential housemates. A yoga teacher called Mark came in and was pretty cool. My housemate didn't like him. Her reasons for not liking him was because he "Looked creepy". She had a look at his website and said it was "Weird and all spiritual and stuff". She said "I don't want to offend him when I tell him I think everything he believes in is bullshit".

We all make mistakes when choosing housemates. Lets hope this one goes well.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home